top of page

Removing a CCJ County Court Judgment Manchester | Precision Solicitors

Our CCJ Removal Service is delivered by our team based at our Manchester Office. We offer a free review of your case in order to establish that you have the legal grounds to ask the court to remove a CCJ. If you do have legal grounds the team will explain the legal process, our service and the fixed fees.

We are a qualified and SRA regulated firm of Solicitors and our team works exclusively in civil litigation. We therefore specialise in County Court Judgement removals for individuals. You will be working with a team of solicitors that understands the UK’s Civil Courts and CCJ removal requirements.

If you are looking to instruct us as a professional firm of Solicitors to remove a CCJ then you can expect from us :

· Provide a professional and efficient service

· Hands on Approach

· Not a Call Centre

· Designated Solicitor or Paralegal

· Direct Email & Phone Number

· Easy to Instruct us

· Affordable

CCJ Issued without your Knowledge

If you have recently moved address then there are circumstances where a creditor may issue a claim against you at your previous address without taking sufficient steps to confirm if you are still at that property.

In these circumstances, because you will be unaware of the claim, the court will enter a CCJ against you “in default” simply because you have not responded to the claim.

Many individuals will be unaware of these CCJs for months, or even years, and quite often will only realise when it comes to applying for a mortgage, loan, or anything else that relies on a credit rating.

A court must set aside a CCJ entered in default if the judgment was entered wrongly. There are specific rules that creditors have to follow when sending a Claim Form to you. If these rules weren’t followed correctly and the Claim Form was sent to an incorrect address, the Judgment may be set aside by the Court.

Precision Solicitors understand the need to get this resolved quickly and efficiently. We have specialist legal advisers that work in this area of the law.

If the CCJ was issued with your Knowledge

If you have received a CCJ, consider carefully whether you have a valid defence to the claim. If yes, you could apply to the court for an order to "set aside" the judgment.

But, to obtain that court order, you must act promptly (ideally within 30 days but in some cases the Court may allow up to 59 days).

If the Claim Form was sent to your last known address and you did not respond to the Claim Form, it is very unlikely that the Court will set the CCJ aside unless you:

· (a) have a real prospect of successfully defending the claim; or

· (b) it appears to the court that there is some other good reason why –

o(i) the judgment should be set aside or varied; or

o(ii) you should be allowed to defend the claim

If any of the above grounds are satisfied, the Court may set the Judgment aside.

Contact Us for a free review of your case

Call our Manchester Office now on 01706 399 465

Contact Details:

A: Precision Solicitors Limited, The Old Police Station, Hind Hill Street, Heywood, OL10 1AQ

Latest Business Services Updates by


bottom of page